UnionLine’s new free motor claims service is designed to save members money while providing expert support, ensuring you get the best service and outcome if you need to make a motor insurance claim.
The motor legal service is available to members of GMB and CWU and their families free of charge.
To make the most of the UnionLine motor claims service, you need to call us first, before you call your insurer. Call UnionLine on 0300 333 0303 and press option 5 to make your claim through the motor legal service.
With UnionLine’s free motor claims service you, as a union member, may no longer need to purchase additional motor legal expenses insurance.
You could save up to £40 a year per vehicle by using this new service instead of purchasing motor legal expenses insurance, also known as motor legal cover insurance.
You will receive 100% of any compensation recovered for you through the service.
Motor legal expenses insurance generally only covers legal costs relating to non-fault accidents and excludes any claims against the customer’s own insurer. UnionLine can help regardless of the circumstances of the claim – be it theft, fault, non-fault, etc.
Benefits of the service
The UnionLine motor claims service offers you:
- Full accident management, regardless of fault
- 100% of any compensation recovered
- Access to telephone advice on a wide range of motoring issues
- A dedicated personal customer manager who will deal with your claim
- An unlimited number of claims
- An optional replacement vehicle while yours is off the road following a non-fault accident
- Management of repairs to your vehicle at a UnionLine approved repair centre, or a repair centre of your choice
- Cover for union members and their family
- Savings of up to £40 per year
- Organisation of windscreen repairs and replacement
- A service that is available 24/7, 365 days a year across the UK, including Northern Ireland
If you are involved in a non-fault accident we will look to provide you with a replacement vehicle, organise and handle the repairs, and deal with the recovery of all losses. We will also handle any personal injury claim – provided that your claim has reasonable prospects of success at all times.
Fault accident, fire & theft
We can offer you full accident management, regardless of fault. Please be aware that if you wish to use the service instead of your own insurance in the case of fault accident, fire and theft claims you may have to pay a higher excess than if you went with your own insurers’ choice of repairer. Details of this can be found in your motor policy documentation.
Round the clock service
You can call the helpline with your claims 24/7, 365 days a year.
Our main claims handling times are between 8am and 7pm, Monday to Friday. Outside these hours, an emergency service operates to ensure you are not left stranded.
We can assist with vehicle recovery should it be required, but please note that you will be charged for this service. This fee may be recoverable from a comprehensive insurance policy.